You may have played an instrument in the Trojan Marching Band, but can you fix one?
If so, the Trojan Marching Band Alumni Association is inviting all TMB alums to volunteer and help repair band instruments for local high schools as part of its support for USC’s upcoming Day of SCervice on Aug. 7.
Band directors, equipment managers, anyone with experience with marching band instrument repair: we’re talking to you. The goal is to round up about 15 alums to refurbish 50 instruments over a four-hour period. We’ll provide the supplies. You provide the skill. We also need a couple of admin-type folks to help with the flow and paperwork.
USC TMB Alumni Day of SCervice
Date: Aug. 7, 2021
Location: Parking lot V, next to the Dental School
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Start here.
- Click “Register” in the upper right-hand corner. Log in with FightOnline or Continue as a Guest.
- Scroll down to “Trojan Marching Band Alumni Association – Instrument Repair and Cleaning” and click the up arrow. Then complete the information. You can add a guest or click next to finalize.
Other ways to help:
Donations: Not your thing? Or not available? You can still support this project by donating to help defray the cost of repairs, including pads, springs, valve oil and polish.
How to donate:
- Start here, and direct your gift to the Trojan Marching Band Alumni Association and then click next page.
- Fill in the amount. In the “Memorial or honorarium information” section, check “In honor of” and use “DayOf” for the First Name and “SCervice” for the Last Name. This will ensure that the money is allocated properly.
- Then proceed to the personal information and payment details pages. And you’re done!
There are also plenty of in-person and virtual opportunities throughout California and across the country. Check out on this Day of SCervice page for programs near your home.
Thank you for supporting our communities, and Fight On!